Download your FREE copy of the Nurburgring Safety
If possible, store the emergency number of the Nordschleife on your mobile phone +49 (0) 8000 / 302112
1) Luggage and Charge Secure. Loose clothing and other objects safely secured in the boot.
2) Optimum sitting position is required so that you are always in control of the vehicle. This means that you remain firmly seated during all steering maneuver’s. Seat forward, steering wheel towards you, headrests raised. Fasten seat belts. This also refers to back seats.
3) Protective Clothing, Motorcyclist. Biker Boots, Gloves, Crash Helmet with Visor. Riders are not permitted on the circuit without adequate protection.
4) Noise Emission, Noise measurement for cars / motorcycles. No admittance for vehicles with noise emission exceeding 95db (A). The track is subject to local road traffic and licensing acts.
Driving On the Nordschleife
1) Right Hand Driving. German Highway Code Applies on the North Loop. Right-hand driving only, overtaking only on the left side. Overtaking on the right is not permitted and is considered as one of the main dangers of tourist traffic on the north loop. DO NOT OVER TAKE ON THE RIGHT. You will be BANNED from driving on the North Loop if you break these rules.
DO NOT OVER TAKE ON THE RIGHT
2) Slow Vehicles. Attention Slow Vehicles. Track officials, recovery trucks and buses are some examples
Safety Car. DO NOT OVERTAKE THE SAFETY CAR IF WARNING LIGHTS ARE TURNED ON.
DO NOT OVERTAKE THE SAFETY CAR IF WARNING LIGHTS ARE TURNED ON
3) Accidents. German Highway Code Applies. All those involved in an accident MUST stop immediately including witnesses. This is required to secure the scene of the accident, ascertain the effects of the accident and above all to help those injured. All passengers must exit the vehicle and stand behind the track barriers with reflective vests on. Set up the warning triangle in a suitable place. Warn following drivers with appropriate hand signals. Contact the Nurburgring Employees.
4) Flags. Yellow = Danger Spot, SLOW DOWN. Check your mirrors, slow down and be ready to stop, absolutely no overtaking in this situation. Pass danger spot slowly.
Yellow Red Flag = Danger, oil trace, SLOW DOWN SIGNIFICANTLY. Check your mirrors, reduce speed significantly, no overtaking. Pass danger spot slowly.
5) Leaking oil or fuel. Pay attention to leaking oil or fuel. IN CASE OF LEAKS, PARK CAR IMMEDIATELY AT THE SIDE OF THE ROAD. Warn following drivers. Call Track safety team.
IN CASE OF LEAKS, PARK CAR IMMEDIATELY AT THE SIDE OF THE ROAD
6) Emergency number. If possible, store the emergency number of the Nordschleife on your mobile phone +49 (0) 8000 / 302112